What is the difference between a Microfiber and Bamboo insert?
The primary qualities of Microfiber and Bamboo inserts are detailed below:
- Plush and bulkier insert
- Absorbs faster
- Dries faster
- Holds less liquid
- Can cause compression leaks if 'full'
- Little to no first time prep required
- OK to put against baby's skin, but not recommended - may cause dryness or skin reactions in sensitive babies
- Synthetic material that may hold smells if not cleaned thoroughly
- All natural fibers, doesn't hold smells
- Safe to put next to baby's skin if needed
- Thinner insert to reduce bulk
- Absorbs slower
- Dries slower
- Holds more liquid
- Requires a first time prep before washing or using
We prefer (and so do many of our customers) to use a microfiber insert on top to absorb and wick away the liquid fast, then underneath, a 3-layer bamboo insert to increase absorbency without adding the bulk of a second microfiber insert.